- Will my map be up to date?
- What are the scales available?
- Will I be able to download my map in my GPS?
- Are all JLC geomatics maps compatible with any GPS device?
- If my map is laminated, will I be able to fold it?
- I am a member of an association or the owner of a fishing and hunting lodge (zec). However, my area is not mapped yet. Can you create a map specifically for us?
- Can I get a map for any region in the province of Quebec?
- If I buy a map on your Web site, will it show the relief (land elevation)?
- When I buy a custom map, this cost is $28.99 or $30.99 each. If I want additional copies, how much will it cost?
- If my territory is larger than the standard custom map, can the map be enlarged?
- When I order a map, can you add information such as trails, GPS points, benchmarks, caches, trapping areas, etc.?
- Can you assemble my maps to create a mural wall map?
All JLC geomatique maps use the 2005 or most recent road network file (according to the sector). By doing a search in your area, you can see the primary, secondary and tertiary road networks.
Topographic maps are available in three scales: 1:50,000, 1:20,000 and 1:10,000. Our standard topographic maps are at 1:50,000 scale and match the Federal Government definition of map sheet areas. The original data used is from the topographical maps at scale 1/20,000, from the Ministry of Natural Resources Quebec for the Quebec section and from the Ontario Base Mapping database for the Ontario section.
JLC geomatics maps are compatible with Garmin GPS devices accepting Custom Maps, i.e. Colorado, Dakota, Oregon, Montana, Monterra, Rino 610, Rino 650, Etrex 20, Etrex 30, GPSMAP78, GPSMAP62, GPSMAP64 models.
Yes. All our maps use the spatial reference system UTM NAD 83 or WGS84, already configured in all GPS devices.
Yes. A laminated map can be folded.
I am a member of an association or the owner of a fishing and hunting lodge (zec). However, my area is not mapped yet. Can you create a map specifically for us?
To order a map, please contact JLC geomatique at email@example.com or 1 866 301-2212.
To find out if a specific region is available, check each category under the Maps tab.
Yes. All our maps show the relief. However, if your specific area is in a valley, the map will not show a drastic relief, in that case we will add the wooded area.
When I buy a custom map, this cost is $28.99 or $30.99 each. If I want additional copies, how much will it cost?
The first copy of a custom topographic map costs $28.99, while the first copy of an ecosystem or hybrid map costs $30.99. For a period of one year following the date of purchase, each additional copy of a topographic map costs $18.99 or $21.00 for a foresdt or hybrid map. To confirm the price, please contact us at 1 866 301-2212.
We can enlarge the map in height, but not in width. The price will be adjusted accordingly. To order a larger map, please contact us at 1 866 301-2212.
When I order a map, can you add information such as trails, waypoints, hunting spot, trapping areas, etc.?
Yes, we can. You must provide a gpx or gdb file if your using a Garmin GPS. If you wish to add information to your map, please contact us at 1 866 301-2212.
Yes, we can assemble maps of different scales. For example, the 8 feet by 9 feet mural wall map would have 3 panels. To request a price, please contact us at 1 866 301-2212.